The internship will cover both research and event management, i.e. following events in the Wider Black Sea Region, research on issues of relevance to the region and to GMF work, conceptualizing, planning, execution, support and wrap-up of conferences, lectures and workshops concerning various aspects issues. Prior experience in this field would be a plus.
The applicant should have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a small team. Fluency in both English and Romanian is required.
The individual is expected to:
• Produce weekly country and issue briefs, for countries and issues of relevance to and interest for GMF in the Black Sea region;
• Assist in grant making
• Database entry and maintenance
• Managing production and implementation of in-house mailing projects;
• Providing administrative/clerical support;
• Maintaining filing systems; and
• Other duties as assigned.
The position is unpaid. At the end of the internship program the intern will be provided references and a certificate which will attest the completion of the program.
The objectives of the GMF internship are to:
• Primarily, provide interns with an opportunity to gain practical work experience to their academic program or future work in a field related to the GMF’s mission.
• Secondly, enable GMF offices to benefit from the work undertaken by interns
• Work in an international environment on political issues.
Gain experience working in a mutual learning and knowledge sharing environment with world experts.
Start and length of internship:
February 16, 2012 - May 16, 2012
Please send your applications (CV + cover letter) in ENGLISH by February03, to:
The Black Sea Trust for Regional Cooperation
A Project of The German Marshall Fund of the United States
Phone: 021.314.16.28 / 39
Fax : 021.319.32.74